Newly admitted foreign undergraduate and graduate students must receive a student visa from the nearest Turkish embassy in their country of residence by submitting their admission letters. These visas are usually valid for one month after arrival in Turkey, and students must register in the university within this month. A residence appointment is made for students by our International Student Office.
- Some countries have a visa exemption. For detailed information...
- Students should not miss the date and time of their residence appointment; otherwise, they will have to make another appointment and this appointment may be available only months later.
- If the country is exited without a residence permit, the student must return with a new "student visa".
- If the student is dismissed from school, freezes registration, is granted a leave of absence, or is arrested or convicted, the residence permit for study purposes is canceled.
Important: YOU MUST ARRANGE A RESIDENCE EXTENSION APPOINTMENT 2 MONTHS BEFORE YOUR RESIDENCE PERMIT EXPIRES. OTHERWISE, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE COUNTRY INSTEAD OF RECEIVING A PENALTY.
The documents required for residence are as follows:
- A passport (original and photocopy)
- 4 photos
- A printout of a Residence Appointment
- A Student Certificate (taken from the Registrar's Office)
- Health Insurance