Erasmus+ (Incoming)

1. Can I benefit from staff mobility activities as part of the agreements of another higher education institution?

No. Each student and staff member can only participate in Erasmus mobility activities through their own higher education institution. 

2. Can I personally benefit from the Erasmus program and not through my university?

No. The Erasmus program is an institutional field of activity. You can only benefit from the Erasmus program through your higher education institution where you are staffed.

3. Who can help me with visa procedures?

Beneficiaries are responsible for visa procedures. Visa procedures may create problems for Turkish students as Turkey is a candidate country. It must be ensured that all requested documents, which are announced by the consulate/embassy of the country of destination, have been completed during the application period.

4. Can I choose the country or university I want to go to?

Within the scope of staff mobility, you can only go to partner universities abroad which have agreements. However, declaring your request to those who are authorized to make bilateral agreements in your university may help in ensuring a bilateral agreement with the university of your choice is made. A private institution may be preferred within the scope of the training activity.

5. Who can benefit from the staff training activity?

The academic and administrative staff of higher education institutions may participate in this activity to improve themselves in their field of study and to share experiences with other European colleagues.

6. How long can I stay at the program country within the scope of the Erasmus Program?

The teaching activity has to comprise of a minimum of 5 hours of teaching in order to be considered as a valid activity. However, the EU Commission recommends teaching for 5 work days, excluding travel, as part of teaching mobility so that the activity can make a meaningful contribution to international academic life.

7. What is a Bilateral Agreement?

It is the exchange agreement between two universities as part of the Erasmus program for students (associate, undergraduate, graduate, doctoral) and/or teaching staff for one year or more.

8. What should I be careful about in my documents?

Completely fill out the documents with the date, your signature, name, and stamp if necessary.

9. Which documents should I submit before I leave?

  • A Teaching Program,
  • An Erasmus Staff Training Program,
  • An Acceptance Certificate,
  • An Online Application Form
  • An Instructor Information Form,
  • An Undertaking (for non-original documents) 
  • An Academic Calendar

Last Update Date: Thu, 06/21/2018 - 09:23